Thursday 25 August 2016

James's A2A placement



Where to begin? My name is James, and I recently completed my one-month placement, on the fantastic Access to Archaeology Project at GGAT. I am currently working towards achieving a BSc (Hons) in Archaeology, at Truro and Penwith College, Cornwall.   I volunteered for this placement to gain valuable archaeology related work experience, which will no doubt benefit my future career prospects.

I was feeling nervous on my first day, but Calli and Charina were so welcoming and friendly, I quickly felt at ease. I received a step by step walk-through of how to use the HER system, from the ever so helpful HER team. Equipped with my new found confidence, I managed to get to grips with the archaeological reports, and progressed into more varied records.

I must also highlight the friendliness of the fellow volunteers in the HER office. It was a pleasure to attend the placement in the company of such knowledgeable, and pleasant people. Therefore, I would highly recommend the Access to Archaeology Project to any interested parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contact us with any comments or queries: